Could this summer
To unlock your…
and see the potential you have in Christ?
What is CYIA?
In simplicity, Christian Youth in Action (CYIA) is a ministry for teens!
Child Evangelism Fellowship® trains teens to put on 5 Day Clubs®. These are like high octane VBSs. Teams of teens then travel around Montana during the summer months putting on these clubs with local churches.
Specific Information about 12-year-olds at the bottom of page
(Need to be 12 by June 1)
CYIA Summer Promo for Teens 2020
CYIA Video for Parents!
June 28th through August 21st, 2021
CYIAers (13 and up) are required to serve for four (4) weeks during the summer ministry period. (More weeks can be done)
CYIA training takes place at Heritage Christian School in Bozeman, MT. Training will be June 13th– June 26th, 2021.
Students stay at the school during the duration of the training. Class rooms become the dorms. Teens bring their own bedding!
First week is mainly academic as we train the CYIAers to put on the 5 Day Clubs. (VBS)
Second week we have them put on 5 Day Clubs and evaluate, turning the head knowledge into ministry to the children!
There is always a spiritual emphasis in the CYIA ministry to challenge the teens to grow in their relationship with the Lord!
Cost: $350 for the two week training. This includes the teens summer ministry kits, t-shirts worn during the summer, room and board for the two weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t afford the training?
Our experience has shown that God provides for the teens to do this ministry. Many churches help provide funds for the teens. People get excited about teens serving and are more than willing to help! CEF of Montana also has some limited funds for scholarships.
How does CEF work to protect my son or daughter?
1) All CEF staff, Interns and CEF volunteers have had a criminal background check and references questioned.
2) We have a three person rule. All activities require a minimum of three people involved so that no adult is alone with a teen. Parents are called and worked with if this situation arises do to circumstances we can’t control.
3) Anyone 18 and over who will have a connection with the teens (housing hosts, their families and volunteers participating in the 5 Day Clubs) will also have background checks and references questioned.
4) We have curfews and strict rules on where guys and girls can be.
5) We work to have guys and girls stay in separate host homes when possible.
Will there be any other costs for my teen during the summer?
CEF of Montana and churches cover the travel costs and meals throughout the summer. Teens should have some spending money for snacks or souvenirs. If your teen attends the State Fair in Billings they would need funds for riding rides, etc.
Who are the drivers for CEF?
All drivers will either be CEF Staff, State Board members, CEF Volunteers or CEF Interns for the summer. (18 as a minimum)
Will I have to drive my teen all over the state?
CEF of Montana works with parents to keep travel for families to a minimum. We try to do most of the driving for you. We would set up a meeting place near by and then drive students the rest of the way. We try to schedule them with 5 Day Clubs that are closer to your home. We also have teens stay at the State Directors home over weekends to help cut down on travel for parents. We usually travel to churches on Sunday evening and return either Friday evening or Saturday morning depending on the location. We do our very best to keep your travel at a minimum!
Many 12-year-olds desire to be a part of our ministry. We have created a track just for them!
What are the requirements?
- CYIA training at Heritage Christian School in Bozeman, MT. (June 14th– June 27th, 2020)
- This will be entirely up to the parents. It is not required
- CEF of Montana would work with parents to help connect them with as many clubs as the parents would like
Frequently Asked Questions
- This would be the longest time my child has been away from home, how do you help them with that.
We assign an older experienced CYIA teen to come alongside them and be their mentor/helper. We offer times where they can communicate with parents as well.
- If I want them to be involved during the summer, who would they travel with?
All 12 year olds would only travel with a member of our experienced CEF staff. This team would more than likely also include the older teen assigned to them during the training.
- I am not sure my 12 year old will fit in with older teens.
We are very intentional about having all the young people get to know each other and build a strong team atmosphere. We are all there for one purpose and we all have a role in that.
Please feel free to contact Dave Howe with any further questions!
Need more information? Please contact us!
Ready to fill out the application? Click on CYIA Application Packet link. Print out all 8 forms, fill out and send them back to us.
Mail: PO Box 974 Whitehall MT 59759 OR
Scan and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org