Application Link below
Summer Ministry for Teens!
God wants you to know His plan includes you having an eternal impact on lives! That is why it is considered necessary!
Let God use you the way He deems to be necessary in the lives of others!
What is CYIA?
In simplicity, Christian Youth in Action (CYIA) is a ministry for teens! Child
Evangelism Fellowship® trains teens to put on 5 Day Clubs®. These are like high octane VBS’s. Teams of teens then travel around Montana during the summer months putting on these clubs with local churches.
(Need to be 13 by June 1)
CYIA training takes place at Heritage Christian School in Bozeman, MT. Training will be June 14th– June 26nd, 2020.
Students stay at the school during the duration of the training. Classrooms become the dorms. Teens bring their own bedding!
First week is mainly academic as we train the CYIAers to put on the 5 Day Clubs.
Second week we have them put on 5 Day Clubs and evaluate, turning the head knowledge into ministry to the children!
There is always a spiritual emphasis in the CYIA ministry to challenge the teens to grow in their relationship with the Lord!
Cost: $350 for the two week training. This includes the teens summer ministry kits, t-shirts worn during the summer and room and board for the two weeks.
June 29th through August 16th, 2020
- Teens are required to serve for four (4) weeks during the summer ministry period. ( Can do more if they would like
- Teens are assigned to teams that travel throughout Montana to put on the 5 Day Clubs.
- Teens can be asked to travel anywhere in the State of Montana.
- Teens can be asked to serve other weeks if possible due to when churches may schedule clubs
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t afford the training?
Our experience has shown that God provides for the teens to do this ministry. Many churches help provide funds for the teens. People get excited about teens serving and are more than willing to help! CEF of Montana also has some limited funds for scholarships.
Will there be any other costs for my teen during the summer?
CEF of Montana and churches cover the travel costs and meals throughout the summer. Teens should have some spending money for snacks or souvenirs. If your teen attends the State Fair in Billings they would need funds for riding rides, etc.
Will I have to drive my teen all over the state?
CEF of Montana works with parents to keep travel for families to a minimum. We try to do most of the driving for you. We would set up a meeting place near by and then drive students the rest of the way. We try to schedule them with 5 Day Clubs that are closer to your home. We also have teens stay at the State Directors home over weekends to help cut down on travel for parents. We usually travel to churches on Sunday evening and return either Friday evening or Saturday morning depending on the location. We do our very best to keep your travel at a minimum!
Who are the drivers for CEF?
All drivers will either be CEF Staff, State Board members, CEF Volunteers or CEF Interns for the summer. (18 as a minimum)
How does CEF work to protect my son or daughter?
1) All CEF staff, Interns and CEF volunteers have had a criminal background check and references questioned.
2) We have a three person rule. All activities require a minimum of three people involved so that no adult is alone with a teen. Parents are called and worked with if this situation arises do to circumstances we can’t control.
3) Anyone 18 and over who will have a connection with the teens (housing hosts, their families and volunteers participating in the 5 Day Clubs) will also have background checks and references questioned.
4) We have curfews and strict rules on where guys and girls can be.
5) We work to have guys and girls stay in separate host homes when possible.
5 Day Clubs
Need more information? Please contact us!
Ready to fill out the application? Click on CYIA Application Packet link. Print out all 8 forms, fill out and send them back to us.
Mail: PO Box 974 Whitehall MT 59759 OR Scan and Email: email@example.com
CYIA Application Packet
Back to the top